Monday, October 17, 2011

Probiotics and my body

Back in January (2011), I was diagnosed with a bad chest cold that was later renamed pneumonia. Then, I found I might have had whooping cough because nothing my doctor gave me seemed to work. While I'm healthy now, I still suffer a lot from digestive issues as a result of the five antibiotics I took while they were trying to make me feel better.

I was originally told to take Align or Culturelle (probiotics) to help combat the loss of the helpful bacteria in my digestive tract. I'm here to tell you that while probiotics may be helpful for everyday irregularity, they have not helped me at all.

My husband visited a natural grocer today and talked with a nutritionist who suggested taking Primal Defense based on her personal experience. She said that it includes several different live cultures, not just one like the others).

I took my very first pill today, so I'm hoping to see the results that the nutritionist had. I'll be reporting my results and other random and manic musings as they arise in my life.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment