Saturday, January 21, 2012

Weight Watchers: Week Two - Saint Progresso Light

After a shopping trip and a week tracking points, we've learned a lot. For one, there aren't a lot of Weight Watchers brand foods in our area. We tried Wal-mart and King Sooper's. We did find the SmartOnes brand, but not much of the actual Weight Watchers name brand foods. I have decided (in aid of those who are skeptical of trying some of the frozen entrees) that I am going to start posting period blogs on the different choices individually. So far, I've only had the Satisfying Selections Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry. It was okay but not what I'd want to eat for a dinner meal (too much sweet sauce and had a weird after-taste).

Anyway, the shopping trip was successful. Jake bought quite a few different things from SmartOnes (anytime appetizers, satisfying selections and bistro selections). He's enjoyed all of them so far. The upside, he can eat one of them for dinner + fruit and be satisfied almost all night. The test was whether he woke up with hunger pains in the middle of the night. He did once, but he ate some cuties. He's doing a great job curbing his cravings. I have tried and almost failed a lot this week (something I like to call the great Jose O'Shea's debacle of 2012). Also making it into our shopping cart were several cans of Progresso Light soups.

The reason Progresso soups made it into our basket was because of the endorsement from Weight Watchers. A can of Light Chicken Noodle soup has two servings. Each serving is 2 points. If you eat the whole can, it's 4 points. If you add saltines to your soup, you can add about 5 or 6 points for several crackers. That's a 10 point meal in a can or less. Most of the time, the soup fills me up for hours and I don't even eat 2 whole servings. That's a great deal considering larger portions for fewer points makes a huge difference in how hungry you are hours later. With over 30 different soups to try in traditional, light, reduced sodium and high fiber versions, you'll find several to keep on hand.

If you're into the regular soups, don't worry. One of my favorite flavors is Rich & Hearty Creamy Roasted Chicken Wild Rice. 1 serving is 4 points. I can only eat about 3/4 the can before I'm full, so I end up with 6 points and a leftover 1/2 serving for lunch the next day. For my friends who read this, you all know my obsession with rice. This brand really hits the spot for me, and I don't even have to open my rice pot for more.

Tracking points with me? Don't forget to stock the pantry with Progresso soup.

2 comments:

  1. So are you saying that you lost 5lbs this week? You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I put in the weight I thought I was a week before starting weight watchers. I think I actually lost 4 lbs. over family vacation in Orlando (lots of walking). I lost about a lb. and a half over last week from light exercise and watching what I ate. Still a total of 5lbs. since the year started, though. :)

    ReplyDelete