Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weight Watchers: Week Three - Weigh In

Well, I lost 0.2 lbs.

I think the biggest reason I didn't lose as much weight was that I had several meals with steak and bacon. The first week, I lost nearly 3 lbs. from eating very little over my daily limit and eating healthy most of the time. The second week is the hardest. Trust me. We even rounded out the week with pizza and wings from Papa John's because I did a lot of walking and working out. I still find this a success, however. I've lost more weight in two weeks than I did over all of last year. This is success in my book, a huge success.

If you didn't know, they count weight loss as anything over 0.2 lbs. in a week because weight loss is variable. You eat more some weeks than you do others for various reasons. Also, what you eat factors into that, too. If you use all of your points to eat carbs and don't work out, it will affect you more than using all of your points on healthy meals with more veggies and fruit.

I'll take the 0.2 lbs.

As I mentioned from the beginning of this journey, I am losing weight for a variety of reasons. Aside from fitting into old clothes and being able to feel less self-conscious buying clothes from my favorite stores, I'm preparing myself to have some children with less risk. It seems odd to some that I would be losing weight to have a baby, where I will most likely gain a portion of it back. It's just a choice I have made to prepare the best possible environment for our baby to grow. It's no different than child-proofing a house or interviewing babysitters. If I'm healthy, my baby has a great chance of being healthy, as well.

Anyway, here's to the next week of weight loss. Some of my friends have already begun to join me. Don't forget to check out Weight Watchers if weight loss is on your list.

No comments:

Post a Comment